Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Idaho or Bust

We made our annual trip to Idaho this past weekend. The boys were SO excited to go to NanaPapa's house. You can't blame them really.....they get anything they want - and I mean ANYTHING they want. We are told that is what Grandparent's are for, so we've stopped fighting it.

We drove again this year - thinking of flying with luggage, golf clubs, carseats......UGH! The drive was more eventful than in past years. We were only an hour or two behind a major tornado that hit a town we go through in Northern Colorado....and about 1/2 hour behind a tornado in Wyoming. My mom and dad were listening to the news and were concerned so they kept calling. In true Erik fashion, he was telling them about cats and cows swirling around in front of us. My Dad suggested we stop in the next town and put the boys on a plane.
It makes my heart melt to see my kids with my parents. My Mom says it's a love you can't describe. We are fortunate to be able to see them so often - we have lucky boys!

How grown up does Ben look in this picture?

Jake and Papa making fish faces.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

hooli said...

Put the boys on a plane, but you can fend for yourselves.... ha ha ha ha!