Friday, April 25, 2008

Zoo Day


No real excuse for the slack job I've done with the blog, so I won't even try to make one up. Went to the zoo with the Ferre boys last week. It was SOOOO crowded! I think everyone is excited to come out of the thaw. I have to say my heart sank when I drove up to the parking lot and saw approx. 8 school buses parked out front. I thought about doing what any sane person (without kids) would do and turn right around and go home. But, I did what any parent would do after already telling their children they were going to the zoo..... I sucked it up. I don't pretend that I did this to be a Saint to my boys, I did it so I wouldn't have to hear wails coming from the back seat "YOU SAID WE WERE GOING TO THE ZOO!!!! I WANT TO SEE THE PEEEEEEEEEENGUINS!!!!" So, I thought that since I braved the crowd and went in, all would be well and I would have 2 happy, content boys who think their Mommy is the bestest Mommy in the whole world because she took them to the zoo. No sireeee, that's not what happened at all. Whining ensued. So, I did what I had to do.....bribed them with ice cream.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ErinAlice said...

Oh yes, a mother after my own heart. Bribing with sugar. I love it. Looks like they loved the ice cream and if you didn't have to listen to the whining then I am sure you enjoyed the ice cream as well.

hooli said...

You take great pictures. And I think you're the bestest mommy.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had some icecream or a big latte for yourself!!! :-) Quinn is starting to develop his own opinion and can get REALLY loud if it does not match mine...
Have a great spring! Eva