Thursday, May 04, 2006

Picnic

We went to a BBQ at Addenbrook park with some of my family members while my mom was in town. We fed the geese (I know, I know, we're not suppose to feed the geese, but the boys wanted to, so......). I must mention what happened while we were feeding the geese....I was holding Jake and talking with Lydia while the kids were throwing bread into the water. One of the geese decided he needed to be closer to the bread and jumped onto the shore - right at me. I screamed like a little girl, jumped up and ran. What about Jake you ask? Well, it seems I left Jake with the goose. Erik saw this episode unfold, took Jake away, and has sinced deemed me an unfit mother (ok, not really, but I think he is still a bit unnerved with the event). I'm sure it will be a story he tells Jake when he is older "so, you know your mother just threw you in front of a goose to save herself......"

My cousin's daughter turned 1 and they had a little birthday celebration - the boys were thrilled with a chance to break a pinata.


Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: